Features of Explore 3.4
For a full list of new features and blocks, view our wiki article.
- Four new categories: Connect, Objects, Program and More. Connect is useful for accessing the Internet and Files. Objects includes cloning and other ways to manage sprites. Program manages the Scratch program, and More has even more blocks to explore programming.
- Explore: The biggest purpose of Explore is to, well, explore! Explore lets the user manipulate files and the Internet. You can even get the weather on Explore, easily.
- Advanced concepts made easy: Explore lets you control cloning, collections, and other features with simple blocks that can be used in many different situations.
- Make your own code: In the Program categories, there are two new blocks: "run code " and "report code ". These two blocks can control Squeak code, letting you program almost anything you like!
- Multiline text: Explore allows you to use multiple lines of text in just one string. Use the (multiline string) and (newline) blocks in the More category to do this.
- Acess the cloud: In Explore, you can use cloud variables and cloud lists to create surveys, blogs, chatrooms and more!